Sweet Corn Bread
- 3/4 Cup Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Salad Oil
- 2 beaten Eggs
- 2 Cups Flour
- 1 Tablespoon Baking Powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 1 Cup Corn Meal
- 1 Cup Milk
- Blend sugar, oil and eggs.
- Sift flour, baking powder, and salt together and then mix in corn meal.
- Blend dry ingredients into the creamed mixture alternately with the milk.
- Pour into a greased and floured 9 inch square pan.
- Bake in 400° F oven for 30 minutes.
- Test for done with a toothpick.
You can replace the milk with rice, soy or almond milk. I often replace part of the flour with spelt or rice flour.