Dried Fruit Muffins
- 1 3/4 Cup Spelt Four
- 1 Tsp. Baking Powder
- 1 Tsp. Baking Soda
- 1/2 Tsp. Salt
- 1/2 Tsp. Cinnamon
- 1/2 Tsp. Nutmeg
- 1/2 Tsp. Ginger
- Handful of Raw Pumpkin Seeds
- Handful of Dried Cranberries
- Handful of Raisins
- 1 Cup Dried Apricots
- Cup Pecans or Walnuts, chopped
- 1/2 Cup Flax Seed, ground
- 1 Egg
- 3 Tbsp. Maple Syrup
- 1 Cup Crushed Pineapple, with juice
- 1 Cup Pumpkin, pureed
- ½ Cup Milk or Milk substitute
- Combine dry ingredients, including the seeds and dried fruit.
- Beat egg; stir in pumpkin, milk and pineapple.
- Add wet ingredients to dry and mix to moisten well.
- If batter is dry add more crushed pineapple or milk.
- Ladle dough into greased muffin tins.
- Bake at 400° for 10 to 12 minutes.
- Let stand for 5 minutes before removing from pan.
- Makes 12 muffins.
You can substitute 1 ½ tsp. allspice for the other spices. You can also use applesauce instead of pumpkin (omit nutmeg). Or, you can use bananas instead of pumpkin (omit spices). Just adjust the spices to the fruit you use. You can add all the dried fruit and nuts, or just the ones you like. This recipe adapts easily to whatever you like, or so it seems.
YUM! They sound delicious. I can’t wait to make some. Thanks for sharing!