GG’s Pineapple Upside-Down Cake
- 2 cups of sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3 tbsp melted shortening in a cup
- cream (enough to fill shortening cup)
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 tbsp butter
- pineapple slices
- In bottom of pan, put 2 tbsp of butter and 1 cup of brown sugar. Warm to melt.
- Put pineapple slices on top of brown sugar.
- Mix 1 cup sugar, eggs, shortening and cream. Then pour over pineapples.
- Bake at 350*F for 35 minutes.
- When cool, top with whipped cream. Add a bit of pineapple juice to the whipped cream for flavour.