I am roasting a pumpkin. Then I will use it to make this recipe. This is important because pumpkins appear in my house from time to time and I never know what to do with them except carve faces into them, let them sit outside and watch them turn into slime. I am roasting the pumpkin now, which means I haven’t tried the recipe yet, perhaps you noticed. Have no fear, it comes from a very reliable source. Heather can be trusted.
- 3 C sugar (I [that’s Heather] use half this amount)
- 1 C veg oil
- 4 eggs
- 2/3 C water
- 16 oz (2 C) cooked pumpkin
- 2 tsp powdered ginger
- 1 tsp each cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, allspice
- 3 1/2 C flour
- 2 tsp b. soda
- 1/2 tsp b. powder
- Mix sugar, oil, eggs; add water.
- Beat in pumpkin and spices.
- Mix all dry ingredients in separate bowl then add to pumpkin mixture and mix until just blended.
- Pour into two greased loaf pans and bake at 350 for 1 hour or more.
- You can add nuts or raisins or dried cranberries to this recipe as well.