We had a couple pie shells left over from dinner last weekend, and we were having some breakfast guests so we decided to make a quiche.
- 4 shallots
- 10 button mushrooms, sliced
- 3 green onions
- 4 breakfast sausage (we used the cumberland sausage from the oak butcher)
- 1/2 cup milk
- Bunch of spinach
- Preheat the oven to 350*F.
- I started by carmelizing the shallots, and browning the mushrooms (without crowding them so they brown rather that steam), and cooking the sausage. Then toss the spinach into one of the fry pans and cover it with a lid so that it steams.
- Blind bake the pie shell for 10-15 minutes – weight the inside if needed. Whisk the eggs and milk. Add everything else to the pie shell, then pour the egg/milk mixture over it.
- Bake the quiche for 35-40 minutes, or until a knife comes out clean when you cut into it.