- 2 cups flour
- 3/4 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup orange juice
- 1 tbsp orange zest
- 1 cup coarsly chopped cranberries
- 1/2 cup glace cherries
- 2 eggs beaten
- Stir flour, sugar, baking powder, soda, and salt together, cut shortening until mixture looks like corn meal.
- Combine orange juice, zest and eggs. Pour into dry mixture and stir enough to dampen. Dust cherries and cranberries with flour. Fold into batter. Spoon into loaf pans.
- Bake at 350′ for 1 hour. Store overnight for easy slicing.
- Try toasting slices under broiler.